Thereâ€™s nothing worse than running out of energy ten minutes into a workoutâ€”except having an upset stomach during your workout! Choosing the wrong pre-gym meals and snacks can contribute to both. To enhance your performance, stay away from these foods before heading into the gym.
- Creamy or heavy sauces: Lots of people want to eat pasta or carbs before they work out, which gives you plenty of energy. But slathering on a cheesy sauce (think fettuccini alfredo) is only going to weigh you down. Stick with light sauces, like tomato sauce or olive oil.
- Spicy stuff: If you know youâ€™ll be working out later, take it easy on the curry and sriracha! Though spicy food wonâ€™t leave you feeling tired or add unnecessary calories, it can cause indigestionâ€”definitely not what you want during an intense workout.
- Fast food: This one may seem like a no-brainer, but lots of people think, â€œOh, Iâ€™m going to the gym later. Iâ€™ll burn off those fries.â€ You might, but generally fast food has many more calories and much more fat than you think, and it wonâ€™t give you the energy you need to power through your fitness routine.
- Rabbit food: What could be healthier than a great big salad? If youâ€™re going to work out, the answer is a great big saladâ€¦with chicken on it. Veggies are healthy, but they donâ€™t give you the nutrients you need to power through a workout, so add some protein punch to your leafy greens.
- Protein bars and shakes: Yes, we need protein for our workout, but popular protein bars and shakes may lack another important ingredient: carbohydrates. A 4:1 carb-to-protein ratio is the best for maintaining energy.
Our studio is located in 1025 Latrobe 30 Plaza Suite 127 Latrobe, PA. 15650 you can also visit us at http://www.myfitnesskitchen.com for our schedule and for more information about My Fitness Kitchen you can give us a call at 724-879-8523. Or join us on Facebook and Twitter for added support, motivation, fun, and up-to- date information about our classes.