Fruits and vegetables are a critical part of our diets. They supply us with a variety of vitamins and minerals, offer a healthy source of fiber, and even provide a sweet alternative to processed sugar. But most of us donâ€™t get anywhere near enough each day! Check out these eight tips for getting more fruits and vegetables into your diet each day:
- Set a goal for yourself. Aim to eat one extra serving of produce with each meal. This is a reasonable, easily measurable goal!
- Keep fruits and vegetables out where you can see them. Stock a fruit basket for the kitchen table, or put your veggies front and center in the fridge.
- Switch it up with new, different items. Visit your local farmerâ€™s market each month to purchase one new fruit or vegetable.
- Sneak veggies into foods you already eat. Slide spinach into your burger or add veggies to your favorite pizza.
- Prepare produce in advance. Slice up fruit and veggies and put them in containers to take with you for snacks throughout the day.
- Do a little dip! Dip your apples into peanut butter or put a dollop of Greek yogurt on your peaches.
- When you eat out, ask for vegetables instead of French fries or other starchy sides. And be sure to ask your server to hold the butter!
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with a fruit medley or fruit dipped in dark chocolate. You can even splurge and have a little low-fat whipped cream.
Fruits and vegetables not only give your body the fuel it needs, but they also help you feel full longerâ€”they can actually help you eat less! For more tips on diet, exercise, and weight loss, talk to a personal trainer you trust.
Our studio is located in 1025 Latrobe 30 Plaza Suite 127 Latrobe, PA. 15650 you can also visit us at http://www.myfitnesskitchen.com for our schedule and for more information about My Fitness Kitchen you can give us a call at 724-879-8523. Or join us on Facebook and Twitter for added support, motivation, fun, and up-to- date information about our classes.